One Watershed One Plan
According to the Board of Soil and Water Resources (BWSR) One Watershed, One Plan (1W1P) is the next logical step in the evolution of water planning in Minnesota. The One Watershed, One Plan vision is to align local planning and implementation with state strategies over a ten year transition period into plans built largely around the state’s major watersheds.The Comfort Lake-Forest Lake Watershed District is part of the larger Lower St. Croix Watershed.
On October 28, 2020 the Board of Water and Soil Resources issued Board Order #20-49, approving the LSC Comprehensive Watershed Management Plan (CWMP). This CWMP is effective for a ten-year period until October 28, 2030. Partners were required to adopt and begin implementing the CWMP within 120 days of the date of the Order in accordance with Minnesota Statutes §103B.101, Subd. 14 and 103B.801, and the One Watershed, One Plan Operating Procedures.
On November 10, 2020 the CLFLWD Board adopted Resolution 20-11-01, adopting the CWMP, which will not replace, but will supplement, this WMP by better defining how the District will carry out certain program activities within its discretion. This WMP incorporates the CWMP by reference. More information, including the LSC approved plan, watershed boundaries and the organizations involved can be found at www.lsc1w1p.org.
One Watershed One Plan Materials
- 1W1P Implementation
- Approved LSC Comprehensive Watershed Management Plan
- LSC Implementation Committees
- Watershed Based Implementation Funding Work Plan (BWSR Approved)
- WBIF Implementation Framework (Policy Committee Approved)
- WBIF Project Request Forms and Templates
- Project Request Form Template
- Attachment 1 - Project Request Process Flow Chart
- Attachment 2 - CWMP Priority Waterbody Maps
- Attachment 3 - CWMP Appendix C Scoring Matrix
- Attachment 4 - Wetland Restoration Scoring Matrix
- Attachment 5 - Internal Analysis Request for Funding
- Attachment 6 - Internal Analysis Selection Criteria
- Attachment 7 - Targeting Analysis Eligibility Criteria
- WBIF Project Invoice Template
- 2021 WBIF Grant Reporting: eLINK All Details Report | Reporting Attachment
- 1W1P Operating Procedures
- 1W1P Plan Content Requirements
- Planning Grant Work Plan
- State Agency Resources
- More 1W1P Information
*Template or document available from BWSR Board Conservationist. Contact CLFLWD office for details.